There has never been a better time to start manufacturing in South Africa!
Here are 7 great reason to start manufacturing now!
- There has never been more opportunities and a better time to start manufacturing locally, the pandemic has exposed holes in the current global manufacturing model leaving space for local businesses to compete against the global leaders in their local and international markets, leaving their crowns undefended.
- Access to materials - South Africa has a wealth of raw materials and is a major supplier of these on the global market, this gives us a competitive advantage over countries that must import.
- We are Tuff, this seems like a joke but it’s true. Due to the difficulty of doing business in the past we have become fighters just waiting for an opportunity and problem solvers that are more skilled than 60% of the planet. (Business has never been easy so we know how to earn it!)
- Local manufacturing knowledge is tried and tested and easier than you think to access. In this way we should take a page from China’s book and become better at imitating and taking inspiration from the leading brands.
- Labour is affordable and easily available.
- Getting finance is easy with the cost of lending money is the lowest in Africa.
- Manufacturing is the key to recovering in a post pandemic world, according to the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), countries with strong local manufacturing will recover fastest in a post Pandemic world.
Demand for products on a local and international level is at an all-time high with supply from the traditional manufacturing countries being badly restricted by energy, material, and shipping shortages. The need for products manufactured outside of these effected areas has never been higher yet competition from the market leaders has never been lower!
Now is the time to strike, the price increases from the Asian factories, extended delivery times and extreme cost of shipping have made locally made products competitively priced and the better option!
The electronics, metalworking, plastics, medical, construction, power generation industries are said to be the strongest options in 2022. The demand for finished products in these industries will spike in 2022 with supply from Asia struggling to keep up due to the aftermath of the global pandemic.
Take advantage of these opportunities, perfect your product and produce it locally. The local market needs your products, your success will drive others to do the same helping South Africa to reduce its dependency on Chinese products and services and drive its recovery in a post pandemic.
According to United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), responsible local manufacturing is the key to recovering in a post pandemic world.
If you are interested in starting a business in metalworking, precision engineering, CNC manufacturing, boiler making or make sheet metal products please contact us we can help.